Athletics North Queensland is excited to announce the J Squad.
This program aims to recognise the athletes who are achieving great results across all event group disciplines.
The ANQ J Squad is a recognition and rewards program for North Queensland athletes that have achieved at high levels in all event group disciplines. This squad is for athletes from 10 years to 13 years.
Athletes who have achieved a qualification standard in one event group discipline will be eligible to become bronze members. Athletes who have achieved the qualification standards for two event disciplines (e.g a run and a throw) will be eligible to become silver members.
In order to become a gold member, athletes will have to achieve a qualification standard in all 3 event group disciplines, being a run, jump and throw
For selection in this squad athletes must meet the standards listed:
- Be a member of ANQ
- Have met the qualifying standard for your age as at the 31st December 2019.
- WHEN NOMINATING, ONLY NOMINATE ONE EVENT PER GROUP DISCIPLINE; IE- NOT 2 RUNS
Members will receive:
- a letter each time they make a new event group discipline
- a certificate each time they make a new event group discipline
Competitions that results can be achieved at:
- ANQ Compeitions
- Club Carnivals
- Club nights
- Inter school events where photo finish is used
Please note: this is recognition program and does not involve training sessions.