This is our 18th Annual Athletics Carnival held in conjunction with the North West Regional School Sport Selection.
Everyone is welcome to compete or just come along to support our awesome athletes - ages range from 4 years to 104 years!
HOW TO ENTER
Entries are to be done via nomination form available on the ANQ site or by contacting the Longreach Athletic Club Inc via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms are also available from Palmers BP (John Palmer OAM) & Longreach Accessories Plus (Melanie Palmer – email@example.com).
Athletes may only enter in their own age groups, or for athletes aged 14 and above, may compete in OPEN events as well as their own group if of a suitable standard.
LATE NOMINATIONS ACCEPTED BUT THIS WILL INCUR A FEE OF $10 PER EVENT
Payments are to be made by cash, cheque or money order (made out to Longreach Athletic Club Inc-see below for address) or direct deposit (Westpac 034194 581303 ref: athlete’s name).
Longreach Athletic Club Inc
Ref: Sunset Carnival
PO Box 581
Longreach Q 4730
Athlete age is at 31st December 2019.
Athletes registered with ANQ, QA, QLAA, QMA
Athletes 6yrs & Under* $20 (total for maximum 7 events)
Masters & Open Athletes** $25 (total for maximum 14 events)
Athletes 7yrs to Under 18s $5 per event
*Age groups 6yrs & Under receive a participation medal
** Masters & Open Athletes receive a gift
A $15 fee applies to athletes not registered or financial with an athletic club. Please ensure this is selected during the registration process and relevant forms are filled out and returned.
Refunds will not be issued for entries under any circumstances unless the meet is cancelled and not rescheduled.
Club athletes will compete for their registered club and wear correct uniform and registration bib numbers. Independent athletes are to wear a plain coloured top.
IMPORTANT NOTES – READ CAREFULLY
1. The 2019 Outback Sunset Carnival will be held on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June, 2019 at the Longreach Athletic Track at the Longreach State High School Grounds, Plover Street, Longreach. First event Saturday commences at 9am and Sunday at 8am.
2. ANQ age limitations and event specifications apply. Competition will be conducted according to ANQ and IAAF rules.
3. Athletes in age groups 6yrs & under will receive a participation medallion. Athletes aged 7yrs to U/18 compete for placing awards, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Male & Female. Open and Masters Athletes will receive a gift.
4. Enclosed shoes must be worn for all throwing events.
5. Spiked shoes may be worn by athletes in age groups 10 years and above. Ages 13 years and above may wear spikes in all laned and unlaned events, jumps and javelin. Spike shoes must only be worn at the start of the event and removed before leaving the track or event area.
6. Lane allocation by random draw. With the exception for High Jump, athletes 7yrs to Open 3 trials in field events with top 8 conducting a further 3 trials. 6yrs & Under 3 trials only.
7. Entries close at 11pm Monday 10th June, 2019.
8. Event Duties. A carnival like this requires a lot of assistance to run each event. As is common with most regional carnivals, clubs who are participating will be given a field area to look after during the carnival.
9. Hammer Competitors cannot compete unless signed written confirmation of competency by an accredited hammer coach is provided before the close of nominations. Declarations to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries should be directed to the Carnival Coordinator - President: John Palmer 0407 654 343 or Carnival Registrars - Melanie Palmer 0427 736 648 or Bron Holland 0448 685 083)