Date: Monday 24 June – Friday 28th June. (5 Day Course) . 100% attendance is compulsory
Where: Townsvlle Sports Reserve. 14 Warburton Street. North Ward. 4810
Time: All Day
Registrations Close: 2nd May 2019
This seminar is designed to help organisers prepare and manage athletics competitions more effectively. The Technical Manager is responsible for the preparation and inspection of all facilities and equipment required for the competition and the delivery and removal of all equipment during the meeting.
This Seminar is conducted by Oceania Athletics in conjunction with the Oceania Athletics Championships.
This course is ideal for existing club and competition officials who manage or work with equipment on a regular basis who are looking for more knowledge and/or qualifications to be able to work in the technical team at club level through to national level events.
The role of a Technical Official includes:
- Setup and ensure the track, runways, circles, arcs, sectors, landing areas for Field Events and all equipment and implements are in accordance with the Rules
- Placement and removal of equipment and implements according to the technical organisational plan for the competition as approved by the Technical Delegate
- Technical presentation of the competition areas is in accordance with such plan
- Coordinate necessary certification under Rule 148.1 before the competition
- Followed in both a correct and efficient manner processes when a Record is set.
- Prepare, order and receive the various implements
Thanks to Oceania Athletics Association this course is free for ANQ members.