Welcome to the web page for the 2019 Oceania Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Mackay Queensland from Saturday 30 August 2019 to Saturday 7 September 2019. We will continue to add information and links once we have them to hand. Be sure to like our Facebook page so you can keep up to date with event news.
EVENT GUIDE - Includes event program, dates, registration fees, and other information.
MACKAY TOURISM GUIDE - Includes visitor information and accommodation guides.
Mackay is one of Australia’s fastest growing, yet most idyllic regions, where lifestyle and prosperity are the daily currency and the world is increasingly gathering to meet, work and play. A fresh new event destination, Mackay boasts affordable world-class facilities and services with small town hospitality and excellence in customer service.
- Spectacular salt and freshwater fishing
- The sparkling blue of the Pioneer River
- Spot migrating whales
- An impressive marina village with alfresco dining
- Admire Queensland’s best collection of art deco architecture (20 lovingly restored heritage listed buildings)
- Southern Hemisphere’s largest Coal Export Facility and largest bulk sugar terminal
- The gateway to the mining trail
- 120 km from Airlie Beach – the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
Mackay Aquatic, Sport & Recreational Centre
The new $24 million dollar Mackay Aquatic, Sport & Recreational Centre commenced development at CQUniversity Mackay’s Ooralea Campus in Mackay, Queensland, Australia. The precinct is due for completion in February 2019. The Mackay Aquatic, Sport & Recreational Centre is located 7km from the Mackay CBD.
IAAF Class 2 Athletics Facility consisting of:
- a synthetic surface running track consisting of an eight lane x 400 metre track, a nine lane 113 metre main sprint straight and an eight lane 103 metre secondary sprint straight;
- four long jump pits and two triple jump options;
- a steeplechase water jump;
- one discus circle; •one discus/hammer circle;
- three shot put circles; •two javelin runways;
- two high jump fans;
- one dual pole vaulting runway;
- Aquatic Centre consisting of:
- one 50 metre, 10 lane outdoor heated competition pool;
- one 25 metre, 6 lane covered heated warm-up program pool;
- one 15 metre, 5 lane covered heated pool;